An Ultimate Guide – How To Put A Bobbin In A Janome Sewing Machine
Janome makes great Sewing Machines used to enhance your Sewing Skills, your hobby, your business, etc. We’ve all seen the commercials that show how wonderful a Janome Sewing Machine is. But How To Put A Bobbin In A Janome Sewing Machine?
As you can imagine, finding a bobbin can be quite the headache for anyone using a sewing machine. The bobbin must be threaded into the machine and placed correctly so the needle can weave through the cloth.
However, there are several types of bobbins, including single and double-sided, and several different threading methods. In the following article, I will explain How To Put A Bobbin In A Janome Sewing Machine? If you don’t know How To Put Bobbin In Janome Sewing Machine, please feel free to read the whole article.
Do you have the right size bobbin?
The first compulsory thing is to check whether the bobbin you are using for Janome Sewing Machine is the required bobbin for this machine. Bobbins are not Universal. Almost every machine uses a specific type of bobbin (Plastic or Steel) to fit in the Bobbin Area.
Do I need more than one bobbin at a time?
There is no need to use more than one bobbin in Janome Sewing Machine. But it s better to have more than one bobbin in case of damage in one bobbin, in case you misplaced a bobbin, or you need a different color of threads during a sewing project. So you have to put some extra bobbins on your table for emergency use.
Preparing Your Machine For Sewing
First of all, connect the Sewing Machine to Power Supply. Turn the adjusting foot to adjust the balance of the sewing machine so that it will not wobble during the sewing process.
How to Remove a Bobbin From a Janome Sewing Machine?
Follow the steps to remove the Bobbin From the Janome Sewing Machine
Open the cover and raise the needle, so the bobbin is free to remove.
Take out the bobbin case while holding the latch. When releasing the latch, the bobbin will fall out.
Winding The Bobbin
Winding a bobbin is a kind of tricky task. Skipped Stitches, Improper thread tension, Needle Breaking, or Bobbin Jamming are common problems caused by improper bobbin winding. Most Janome Sewing Machines use Plastic bobbins for stitching.
- Turn the stop motion knob clockwise by moving on the right side and draw the thread from the spool. It is located at the top of the Sewing Machine.
- There is a guide on thread winder to follow for the proper thread winding process. So by following the guide, follow the thread around the bobbin winder. Now insert the thread through the bobbin hole from inside to outside.
- Finally, put the bobbin on the bobbin winder.
- Hold the thread tail and the bobbin and adjust it on the spindle.
- Depress the foot control while holding the thread; after a few turns, stop the machine.
- Cut the extra thread you were holding close to the hole of the bobbin.
- Depress the foot control until the bobbin is fully wound.
- At the start, we changed the position of the bobbin winder and now returned it to its original position by moving it to the left.
- Cut the thread from the spool.
Putting The Bobbin In Bobbin Case
- Place the Bobbin into the bobbin case to thread the bobbin.
- Draw the thread out the deliver eye and under the tension spring.
- Leaving at least 10 cm of thread behind.
How To Put A Bobbin In Janome Sewing Machine
After successfully winding the bobbin, it’s time to insert it into the Janome Sewing Machine.
- Bring the Sewing Machine to its Highest speed.
- Thread the needle
- Insert the bobbin from the bobbin case opening.
- Hold the end of the thread and push it into the bobbin area
- Holding extra thread, push the bobbin into the bobbin case.
- Let the needle go down by moving the handwheel.
- Let the needle make a loop using its thread with the bobbin thread
- Pull the thread with your hands when it comes to the surface.
- The machine is ready to sew.
For the plastic bobbin, follow all the steps stated above
For the metal bobbin, watch the video to proceed further after step 2.Untitled (480 × 294 px) by infosewingmachine.com
When The Bobbin Ran Out Of Thread
Now you must learn all the steps to wind the bobbin, remove it from the Janome Machine, and put it back. So when the Bobbin ran out of thread while sewing. You can repeat the whole process as given in the article. Otherwise, if you have an extra bobbin on the table, you can remove the empty bobbin with the new one.
Conclusion | How To Put A Bobbin In A Janome Sewing Machine
In conclusion, I want to suggest one more tip. If you are a regular reader of my blog and following me on social media, you might know that I am a big fan of Janome machines because they are pretty cheap, and the quality of their sewing machines is quite good. But Janome Sewing Machine has different Bobbin mechanisms for different sewing machines. So, first, understand which Janome Sewing Machine you are using. Is this with Drop-In Bobbin or Front Load Bobbin? In both cases, I have described How To Put A Bobbin In A Janome Sewing Machine; it comes with Drop-In Bobbin or Front Load Bobbin.
Suppose you have any questions or suggestions. Let me ask in the comment section below.